European Commission Funded Project – ‘BioBuild’ – to Hold Industrial Interest Event
BioBuild, a European Commission funded project coordinated by NetComposites, is organising a free event which will allow delegates to meet the project partners, creating the opportunity to better understand the project, its current development and potential output for the construction industry.
Biobuild is a collaborative project part-funded by the European Commission. It has 13 partners from seven European countries, which sees the project look at using biocomposite materials to reduce the embodied energy in building-façade, supporting-structure and internal-partition systems by at least 50% over current materials with no increase in cost.
This will be the first meeting of the BioBuild Industrial Interest Group, which will keep participants informed of the project progress. Attendees will be able to steer the direction of the work so that it can generate outputs relevant to the construction industry.
The event will give delegates the opportunity to meet the people involved with the project and learn about the work being done. It is being hosted at a partner organisation, the National Civil Engineering Laboratory in Lisbon, Portugal and will feature an extensive tour of its test facilities. Please note that the site is large and the tour will include buildings at opposite ends of the campus.
- 1:00pm Registration & Buffet Lunch
- 2:00pm Welcome to LNEC – Jorge Grandao Lopes, LNEC
- 2:15pm Introduction to the BioBuild Project – Anthony Stevenson, NetComposites (Co-ordinator)
- 2:25pm The BioBuild Case Studies – Guglielmo Carra, Arup
- 2:40pm Environmental Quick Scan as a Decision Support Tool – Rene Gijlswijk, TNO
- 3:00pm Manufacturing with Biocomposites – Jovana Dzalto, IVW
- 3:15pm Treatments to Combat Weathering – Boke Tjeerdsma, SHR
- 3:30pm Coffee
- 3:45pm Extended Tour of LNEC Facilities – Including the large scale and fire test laboratories.
- 5:00pm Close of meeting
Places at this event are free of charge however spaces are limited and you must register.
To register please send an e-mail to email@example.com stating your name, company, address, telephone number and e-mail address or visit the project website www.biobuildproject.eu. Please also state if you have any particular dietary restrictions or require assistance with access.
Joining instructions will be sent with confirmation of registration.
For help or more information please call Sue Keighley at NetComposites on +44 (0)1246 266244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: 5th December 2013