AMANAC – Advanced Material & Nanotechnology Cluster for Energy Efficiency in Buildings
AMANAC is the Cluster of all Advanced Material and nanothechnology PPP-EeB projects under FP7 and an extension of the Nano-E2B-Cluster.
AMANAC currently represents 26 European projects and about 255 projects partners of which 63% are enterprises. The projects have been grouped in the following six Thematic Areas:
- Nano-Insulation: AEROCOINs, COOL Coverings, NANOINSULATE, HIPIN, NanoPCM, StorePet
- Embodied Energy: SUS-CON, LEEMA, BioBuild
- HVAC-Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning: EnE-HVAC, NANOCOOL, NANO-HVAC
- Smart Windows: EELICON, HarWin, MEM4WIN, SmartBlind, Winsmart
- Lightweight Components: ADAPTIWALL, ELISSA, MF-Retrofit, SESBE, FOAM-Build
- Indoor Air: Brimee, Eco-SEE, H-HOUSE, OSIRYS
The main objective of the “Advanced Material & Nanotechnology Cluster” is to join efforts in order to promote synergies and fields of cooperation among Projects whose activities focus on energy efficiency in the building environment. AMANAC Cluster will allow the involved projects to be more productive, competitive, successful and support them to establish a broader social and industrial impact.
Energy-efficient Buildings (EeB)
Materials for new energy efficent building components with reduced embodied energy
The BioBuild Project is one of the three financed by the EU in the framework of the call “EeB-NMP.2011-1 – Materials for new energy efficient building components with reduced embodied energy”.
The other two projects are:
Clustering group of projects working in the same area and supported by the PPP initiative can amplify the impact, on the sector and society, that each Project could achieve alone, as common issues can be tackled together.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 285689.